II. Combat

View previous topic View next topic Go down

II. Combat

Post by Game Master on Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:34 am

• Non-PvP combat such as those where your character's fighting a dungeon or field monster are all considered Free-Form combat. You have 100% control of the fight, how your character deals damage, and how they take it. You have no restrictions on any possibilities. While performing tasks with others, this freedom is slightly limited as some actions may be damaging to the relationship between yourself and others. An example would be having a low-level spell obliterate a large building, so please use a bit of moderation.
• PvP combat is considerably different from free-form. While in PvP combat, you're expected to use a sense of fairness, and realism with fighting. While your stats do play a role in combat, it's preferable that you (and your opponents) RP the fight as though you two were actually going head-to-head. If you and/or your opponents are having a debate about the outcome of a posting cycle, feel free to contact a member of staff. If this is done, that member of staff's verdict is final and you cannot ask for a different staff member to judge the outcome simply because you're not happy with what the last one said.
• In PvP each combatant has 3 actions per post. If they have a summon out, they gain +1 actions per post. Actions made by the summoned creature detract from the amount of available actions.


For those who don't feel like RP'ing a fight 100%, and prefer to use guidelines then this section will be for you. For those who prefer to RP PvP without being bogged down by rules, you can disregard this.

• Spells, Ranged Attacks, and Melee Attacks all have a speed that they come at. Spells and Ranged attacks are normally more effected by speed than melee due to the distance at which they're used at.
• Melee Attacks are normally best at close range since the distance between combatants is too small to dodge.
• Ranged attacks are non-magical attacks made with weapons. The greater the distance between you and your target, the longer it takes for the projectile to hit its' intended target. Having weapons that fire projectiles faster helps mitigate range, but it can never fully eliminate it.
• Magic attacks are as they sound, attacks comprised of, or reinforced with magic. An ice arrow, flaming punch, or full-on blast of magic are all examples of magic attacks. Just like Ranged attacks, magic cast at range takes longer to hit targets that are far away. Having fast spells helps make this matter less, but still matters.

• Dodging attacks is possible if your Reaction Time, Speed, and Agility is greater than that attack's Speed. Reaction Time so you have the ability to react before it hits you, Agility so you can turn quickly, and Speed so you can take off and be out of the way quickly.


Something to keep in mind is the way some things interact with others. This is known as the combat triangle...

• Melee is excellent at dealing with ranged opponents since those in metal armour can rush up to rangers if they're skilled enough, and deliver a powerful attack. Rangers normally (but not always) wear armour that contains almost no metal, and just can be torn apart by swords and other bladed weapons, or are simply horrible at taking blunt attacks. Melee Vs. Melee is pretty much a stalemate, and Melee Vs. Magic is generally a bad idea.
• Ranged is a good medium, but is best used against Magic opponents. Mages rarely wear heavy armour, mostly arcane robes or leather if they're paranoid about their party's' inability to defend them. Because of that, an Archers' long range and quiver of stabby-pointy projectiles is a mages' worst nightmare. Ranged Vs. Ranged is normally a matter of who shoots who where, and first. Ranged Vs. Melee is generally a bad idea, but if the ranger can do their job right the warrior won't even hear their death coming.
• Magic is a very good counter to Warriors on the battlefield. Spells reverberate inside the armour of melee combatants, making them hit the target more than once in a single cast. Their medium range compared to Rangers makes fighting rangers a not-so-good idea, especially with the difference in armour. A fight between mages normally boils down to skill, and magical power. If those two are equal, then it's a battle of attrition.


for missions is sometimes permitted, sometimes not. There are five kinds of missions:
○ No enemies: These missions don't specify any enemies at all.
○ Non-Roll, Enemies: These missions state that there's enemies, but don't specify your need to roll for them. Meaning you can randomly spawn them at your leisure.
○ Non-Roll, Specified Enemies: These missions don't require you to roll for enemies, but they don't allow you to create your own enemies. They have a list of enemies that you can spawn and that's all she wrote.
○ Roll, Free-Form: These missions require you to roll the Monster Dice to spawn enemies. All enemies from the mission either come from a list of enemies on the mission itself, or from the Area Mobs list. But you can create your own monsters if you want. (Know that good monsters you create will be added to the Area Mobs list, with your permission.)
○  Roll, Specified: You absolutely have to roll for enemies, and the enemies that spawn are specified on the job itself. You cannot create your own enemies, or use ones from the Area Mobs thread.
• While in the Enchanted Forest, and only then, can you roll a Fairy Dice. This has an 4% chance of spawning a fairy, and a 96% chance of spawning something else entirely. You may roll the Fairy Dice 1 time per 4 posting cycles. Fairies from this dice are extremely powerful, and always 3 levels above you. Please refer to the Enchanted Forest Fae thread for more information on them.
avatar
Game Master

Posts : 108
EXP : 999,999,999,999

Character Sheet
Chosen God:: The Unknown God
Guild:: Tartaros

View user profile http://www.magicprodigy.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum